Vegetable Kathi Roll is an easy Indian food recipe prepared with whole wheat rotis and mixed vegetable filling. This works as a healthy appetizer for those suffering from hypertension.
For the dough
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Salt – a pinch
- Lemon juice – ½ lemon
For the filling
- Carrots (diced) – ½ cup
- French beans (chopped) – ¼ cup
- Capsicum (chopped)- ¼ cup
- Onions (chopped) – ½ cup
- Tomato sauce – 2 tbsp
- Garlic paste -2 tsp
- Pepper – to taste
- Salt – Lesser than the usual taste
- Chili powder -1 tsp
• In a pan sauté onions and garlic paste.
• Add the masalas and cook for sometimes.
• Now add the vegetables and a little water to cook them.
• When done, finally add tomato sauce and salt and cook for another 5-7 minutes or till done.
• Mix wheat flour, salt and lemon juice together & knead into dough. Keep it covered for 15-20 minutes.
• Divide the dough into small balls and roll each of them.
• Roast each roti on both sides properly.
• Fill each chapati with the stuffing and roll it. Put a toothpick to hold it.
• Now put them in a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes or till done.
Your healthy and nutritious Veg Kathi is ready to eat!